music


Sunday, December 7, 2008

Why Living in Seclusion Is Awesome in Theory Not in Practice.

I mentioned to my father that I have a deep seated urge to give up this life that society has mandated and thrust upon me forcibly and his response was a very sagacious , "I've been there and done that son, all you get is dirty shoes and a dirty shirt."

However what weighs more; dirty clothes or a clouded heart? I personally cannot answer this conundrum at my current life stage. Though I whole-heartedly believe that the simple life is much easier and fulfilling. Take the Amish for example, they haven't much changed their way of life for whoever long the Amish culture has been. They allow their children a period of time to taste the rat race and yet it seems that they tend to migrate back into the flock afterwards.

Now I'm far too anti-social to live such a simple life with others (unless we add the alcohol and amorous sex) so I find myself day-dreaming of a Jeremiah Johnson-esque lifestyle. Log cabin, hunt for food, and gratuitous amounts of whatever local fauna happens to elicit a mind altering state.

Now I also can chalk this whole frontier fantasy up to my inability to cope with reality, and my feelings that I really hold no part in life, I will not change anything, save the universe from evil, drive a lambo, have all female orgies with super models, or really ever be a good person. But I also think that every person should experience self-prescribed seclusion as to impart perspective, not just seclusion mind you...there are many situations every human should take part in , it would just take me a long time to write them all and at the current moment I don't fucking feel like typing much more.

Actually I feel like I've lost my train of thought.

Hail to the Hammer.

No comments: