music


Monday, December 1, 2008

pure white snow.

My icy heart melts at the sight of undisturbed snow. I am filled with wonderment s it crunches underneath my feet. Trees never look so beautiful as when they are entirely covered like they were when I drove to Colorado a few years back.

I drove home early Sunday morning and was greeted by the level ivory fall. I decided to take a walk in the still morning. The wind was calm but it still bit the tips of my ears. It is refreshing, every step leaving behind me taint from this year. The second time around I feel strong, I feel as if I am now leaving behind me all that I cannot bare anymore. The third time around I see how my tracks differ and I walk between them. I realize that nothing is truly left behind, only dragged by the chains of memories further and further away from where I stand now.

I wish I were more like the snow. Able to leave and be forgotten till next I come around to be beheld. To come and go at whim. To drift away when it's time.

I wish I could end more nights like that, With proper reflection and thought around such a calm and serene setting. I like that feeling of being truly alone and left to myself, away from the judgements and follies of others.

No comments: