music


Wednesday, December 17, 2008

To the strangest Winter I remember...

With your fresh snow falling without rhyme
with the December temperatures feeling like spring
To the birds whom have not migrated
their younglings feeding in the sub-zero winds

To the fun that a rear wheel drive truck brings on slick roads
for those who can't drive and cause us woe
because those same goons end up in the ditch
because snow tires are cheaper in the summer
but apparently in Minnesota, Winter is forgotten by Fall

To the first winter in four years I haven't delivered a single pizza
and for some reason I regret the lack of poor tips
because now I am so broke I would shave a yeti for a penny
because though I can't rhyme or conduct symmetric lines
I wish to write something more than seething hate.

I dunno why but it seemed appropriate to try my hand
again at prose but mainly because of the chirping birds
in the dead of winter they sing to me, a song of perseverance.
Telling me that even when things are rough, they are not bleak.

I find peace in winter, I love the cold,
freshly fallen undisturbed snow coating everything
in every way. Solace from solitude.

1 comment:

Danny said...

It doesn't beat your old man flipping the bird! lol