music


Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Some things that bother me today.

My blogs recently have all been negative. Right now I feel fairly negative.
My current instructor seems to be singling me out while I'm in the shop.
Personally I find the way he talks to me to be infuriating, it's as if he's talking to a mentally handicapped individual or a small child. When I arrived into the shop today I walked in set my tools and snow blower down at my bench and proceeded to walk to the punch clock, and on the way there The instructor asked me if I had a pair of safety-glasses today ( I keep them in both my tool box in the shop and in the box of tools bring home every day). I felt that it was a job but I explained that I was merely clocking in before returning to my bench to put on the glasses.

Later on I decided to use a carburetor from the motorcycle I purchased a month or so ago as a project for credit and the other instructor (whom I have no qualms with) said that the carbs from my motorcycle were too advanced...lol apparently I have to wait for the advanced class in order to learn enough about the more advanced carbs. Why the fuck did I pay to take a class that is centralized around the carburetor if I wasn't going to learn enough about them to finish the assigned projects?

Anyway... I spoke with a classmate mitch and we went for a drive...it was calming I really like driving and being in a car. I also love the snow, it makes fucking around while driving much easier, faux drifting I'll call it, using the e-brake on a front wheel drive car to induce a spin that is easy to control and correct. To me driving is therapy and the snow is my prescription. I get back and I realize that I have really nothing to do that requires I be in the shop so I pulled the car into the shop and shut the large slide door so the other students wouldn't get cold, and left my car running as to conserve fuel, I walk to my bench pick up the repair manual for the motorcycle that belongs to (it's been abut 15 seconds since I closed the door) and I ask the instructor if I can take the manual home to study it (I figure the carb can be understood if I can just read more info about it )He responds,"No you can't, Anthony What are you doing?"
I reply, "I'm putting my tools and snow blower into my car"
Dan has that look on his face, the "what the fuck is wrong with you" look and many people in the shop are staring at me which makes me wonder what's going on . It's literally hasn't even been 30 seconds since I shut the door. I don't remember what the instructor said next but it was about my car running, and it was in such a way that I had to shut it out so I wouldn't get pissed off. Another student asks me to turn my car off but again in such a away to imply that I should know not to run my vehicle less than 2 minutes in a well ventilated wide open and very large shop. I feel humiliated, one if the shop doesn't posses adequate ventilation than why are the students allowed to start and run the small equipment and motorcycles,snow-mobiles and the like? My little low-emission Honda shouldn't be much of an issue in that situation. Anyway I tell myself that this situation isn't worth my acknowledgement, I notice I can't even smell exhaust yet but I shut off the car and proceed to put everything into it. I get in and turn it back on...it couldn't have been more than 2 and a half minutes since I shut the garage door I proceed to leave the shop feeling like I've been ostracized and humiliated. If this is going to be a consistent process then I really need to get some outside help with it.

No comments: