music


Wednesday, December 2, 2009

If I were to start walking, would I ever stop?

if I were to start walking woould I ever stop.
I turned my back on you but your blue eyes shine off of every source of light.
II started this journey in the hopes of making it to the top.
But when I think of you my momentum stops.

To be fair I never wanted to love you but I digress
to make a joke now would be apropriate, yet when you smile its if it's already been said.
Yet the fire burns in my heart and tells me to burn it all till the ashes blow away.
and yet there are your blue eyes staring back at me from the flames now long cold,

I know my tempos off and my voice is flat but you never wanted it any other way.
To you I was the world and to me you were the oceans whose bounty I took for granted
Now my heart beats hots with a the torch that has not path to light but back home,
My feet struggle to maintain the step step pattern that always drove me on.

Now I'm stuck in limbo, the fire has spread and now nothing left but ashes and dreams,
The wind carries back to me your voice in the rain, your spirit to drench the fire,
But alas I am still ost and have not your hand to guide me back but if I follow the ashes
back to the source I'd find you there tugging on my heart strings making music for me to follow home.

No comments: