music


Thursday, March 26, 2009

The "Scene"

I've been going to the bar more often these days as tends to be my patter, but lately there's a difference. I spend more time focusing on the ladies and less time focusing on how much alcohol is in my drink. I'm not saying that in the past my focus wasn't primarily on the warm glow, floral scent, and alluring looks that just happen to make up a large part of what I remember of women I meet, I'm just saying that now I notice more and more about them, like...their flaws.
All the hetero-sexual men out there know what I'm saying; that barrier that beer goggles blast through with the quickness is impenetrable (for lack of better terminology) when the beer goggles are put away under lock and key. Women I would have drooled over when I was 21 annoy me with their talk of drug use and tales vulgar sexual experiences. I mean, a 4 some with 3 guys you've never met while on ecstasy? Why do you feel the need to tell me of this with a smile ladies? Or better yet your two divorces and 3 children? You know I try my best to be non-judgemental but somethings you should keep to yourself. Yes,you...the one in the low-cut shirt who can't handle her booze but keeps slamming them down because of how cool we all know throwing up on yourself with a smile is.

and the sigh is next.

Now I've met more then few quality women lately and in typical Jolly fashion I missed cues or inserted my feet into my mouth like I was a fat kid and my feet were cake. This is ok though, it's all learning experiences and in such a way enlightenment. I find myself working out harder, and thinking clearer without the mental impairment that follows a night of drinking. That emotional void that comes with excessive drinking and night of disappointment. You see now when I drink, a few drinks is great, a little conversation, some flirting...that's a night I can appreciate...so why does it always seem I'm being rushed to make my move? Why must I make every woman into a conquest? I'm not 19 or ever twenty-one anymore, I like to be mentally stimulated before being physically stimulated...especially when it it comes to bar flys and random women I just meet.

It's all a mind fuck, and yet my hormones walk me back to the local bar every Wednesday, my mind hoping for an intimate conversation powerful connection while my body tell me to pounce on the prey, pounce and conquer...an odd paradox this human existence brings about and one I can't claim to understand, how I go from being hormonally and physically driven to having all that over-ridden when I stop drinking. What other curve balls ya got bitch? I'll keep swinging and the homeruns'll come as often as the outs I ain't scared.

No comments: